The video below shows how to get started with Screen Time. You can find the Screen Time feature in the Settings on any iPad or iPhone running iOS 12 or higher. Screen time is typically already turned on when you open it the first time. If not, use the toggle button to turn it on – you will see it go green.
Setting a Passcode
You can set a passcode on Screen Time so that you can prevent any changes to these settings. To set a passcode for Screen Time:
- Open Settings on the iPad.
- Click on Screen Time.
- Select the Use Screen Time Passcode option.
- It will prompt you for a 4 digit code. A quick word of caution – some some your students know your birthday, anniversary, and even the street address of the home you grew up in.
- You will be prompted to re-enter the 4 digit passcode.
- You will only need the passcode when making changes. Students will be able to view their usage patterns in screen time without the passcode.